Manila's Momentary Lapse of Reason: Not so England

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Not so England

What can I say I have been waiting for four years for this moment. Headed out early to get a good spot in the pub to watch the game. SID's bar Makiti great Spot for expats in Manila to relax and talk England. Must have been 150 English supporters, 1 argentine and 1 French supporter in the bar waiting for Kick off.
And what a start we had, Beckham put a blinder into the box and Paraguay under pressure put the ball into there own net 1 - 0 after 4 mins yaheeeeee. The Pub errupted into cheers of joy. The Fhilipinos who had come to watch were in ore of the response from the England fans.

I spent the next 86 mins thinking when are we going to play as a team? Whats going on with our guys is this realy the Gerrards, Lampards and Owens of the premiership? What a load of Pish we played. I am so disapointed. Ok it was hot is that the reason? Im praying for snow in our next game. Still we won but just. Trinadad played better than England and they only got a draw!


This time when I got home there was no brown out but to my horror I could not find the Argentinia vs Ivory coast game anywhere on my cable TV all 78 channels of it. After searching the TV times for my Cable tv provider i have found in horror that not all games will be shown live.
Dream satelite TV here in the Philippines will install a dish and decoder for no less than 130000 pesos (300us).

WORLD CUP PAY-PER-VIEW RATES (Effective May 17, 2006)
RESIDENTIAL SUBSCRIBERS
Full Season Game (all 64 Matches) Php 2,500.00
One Day Game (Please refer to the game schedule for date & time of day matches.)
Php 500.00 *Day Event is available from First Round (Match 1 to 48).
Round of 16 to Final Round (match 49 to 64) Php 2,000.00
Quarter-Finals to Final Round (match 57 to 64) Php 1,500.00
Semi-finals & Final Round (match 61 to 64) Php 1,000.00
Final Round(match 64) Php 800.00
All booked events include replays of the matches booked. Replays will be aired right after the LIVE event.
Payment Option - Prepaid Card

I have no option and as its Philippine Independence day here on Monday it may take longer to get installed.

I cant believe I did not check with my cable provider long before the world cup began.

Now I will have to go down the pub for everygame untill my satalite has been installed. My girlfriend will not be amused.

2 Comments:

Blogger kray said...

and the argentina match was so much better than either of the other two yesterday *grin* and Argentina WON!!!! YAAYYY!!!

btw if England keep playing like they did last night, I think they are going to be in trouble!!

11:34 pm  
Blogger Dirty Dan said...

cheers for the banner mate, if you have one you want put on mine let me know on dan.thisisanfield@gmail.com

what is it with women eh? I told mine not to bother me for the next month or she knows where the door is - its once in four bloody years!

3:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home