Manila's Momentary Lapse of Reason: Where to go in Manila

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Where to go in Manila

Spent the opening game of the 2006 World cup at the Heckle and Jeckle bar in Makati. Fairly quite I thought, for a world cup game but maybe because Costa Rica does not realy have a large community here in the Philippines. I was certainly the number one Costa Rica supporter in the bar and when Wanchope equalized after 12 mins I thought this could be possible.

Alas Germany did look by far the better team but still anything is possile. Even though Germany won the game I thought Costa Rica played well, far better than was expected.

Highlights Video

Match Photos
Got home around 230am after a 25 minute drive that during the day takes 2 hours. I was just in time to watch the 2nd game Equ - Pol however their had been a Brown out here during the first game, the power was back but the cable was still out. Someone had put the kiss of death on my plans. I was hoping to watch every game live but I missed the second game already and it turned out to be a cracker.
England plays today(9pm Philippine time) Im taking no chances and heading out again the power problems seem to be less of an issue in Makati but still no gaurantees.
side's is more of an English bar also in Makiti and the owner an Englishman says he should have a full house tonight for the game so "bring your England Shirt" he says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home