Manila's Momentary Lapse of Reason: England vs Philippines

Friday, June 09, 2006

England vs Philippines

With the World cup starting today I thought it was time to bring out my St Georges cross (thanks Dad). The flag is kinda big but patriotism encourages me to do so. I have not seen any other flags or banners out with the exception of the Philippine flag, infact their are rather a lot of Philippine flags around at the moment and they are not even in the world cup, nobody here seems to even know the world cup is kicking off any minute now. Why so many flags around then? I ask a friend and yep I fecked up again its Philippine independence day here on June the 12th. And every one is doing their bit by flying their flag. So hanging my England flag high may be seen as a spit in the eye to the locals.
So with 8 hours to kick off I got to get out and get myself a Philippine Flag and hang it next to mine (bummer). Of course it will have to be smaller than the St George cross I have but that goes without saying.
I wish the Philippines and all its people a great Independence day and I wish England an even bigger world up. Come on England / Costa Rica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home