Manila's Momentary Lapse of Reason: No Footy

Thursday, June 29, 2006

No Footy

No footy today (bummer) so I took the other half to Manila's IMAX Theater.


The theater, named, San Miguel Coca-Cola IMAX Theater has the largest screen in the Philippines at 22 x 30 meters, similar to the height of an eight-story building. Never thought I would actually enjoy it I only went to keep her happy as we have not spent any time together since the world cup began. It was great huge screen and in 3D which was actually cool. The last 3D and the only 3D I have ever seen before was around 15 years ago and it was JAWS 3D which was crap. I guess the 3D thing has come along in leaps and bounds as I was amazed at how cool it was, we watched Superman (shite movie) and with the 3D was cool. Well worth the 350 (7US) pesos to go.The screen was hugh I did spent a little time thinking what would the England vs Portugal game look like on such a big screen. Hopefully this will be my last post for a while on anything other than footy as it all starts again tomorow thank Feck.

3 Comments:

Blogger loveuamy said...

i used to work in a cinema, and we got IMAX as well. IT IS TOO BIG TO CLEAN UP!!!! LOL

9:55 pm  
Blogger Richie said...

Rather you than me. It was huge. You would have to pay me footballer wages to clean that place up.

2:31 am  
Blogger Richie said...

"I NEED MONEY!!! I've been trying to adapt my new part-time job at the cinema for the whole month"

Now I realy believe you. Thanks for the comment

2:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home