Manila's Momentary Lapse of Reason: World Cup Law

Sunday, June 18, 2006

World Cup Law

WHAT IF TWO TEAMS FINISH LEVEL IN THE GROUP STAGE?
If two or more teams finish level on points at the end of the first round stage, a series of criteria determines their finishing order in the group table.
The first is who has the superior goal difference over the group games.
Should the teams still be level, whichever team has scored the highest number of goals will advance, or if that fails, it will come down to which team took most points when they played each other.
As a final resort, if none of these factors can separate the teams, the World Cup organizing committee will draw lots.
Draw lots? Now they are having a laugh, Imagine getting to the world cup and being nocked out like this. I hope it will never happen to any team (with maybe the exception of the US)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey great blog from one Richard to another Richard :)

"I hope it will never happen to any team (with maybe the xception of the US)"

I know our government is probably one of the worst ones out there,but the teams got heart.HATE BUSH AND CHANEY NOT THE TEAM!!

YNWA
peace

1:21 pm  
Blogger Richie said...

Damn I got caught.
They did play great yesterday against the Italians.I may have been a little hasty in my slagging of the US team.I wish them all the luck. However I will continue to hate the Bush administration with a passion. I hope that the US Team can continue as you say playing from the heart. My apologies

1:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hate on brother!...I for one did not vote for that incompetent fool we have as a president.no need for apologies,it's sad that so much people have that mentality that they hate anything and everything associated with our sad excuse as a government.People should'nt mix politics with sports thats just my opinion.BTW somebody has issues

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=20973_Saudi_Cleric_Hates_World_Cup&only

peace

3:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home