Manila's Momentary Lapse of Reason: US work Visa Philippines

Saturday, June 17, 2006

US work Visa Philippines




Obtaining a US work visa here in the Philippines is a pain in the arse. I spent 3-4 hours today in line. First to hand in my paper work second for finger printing (scan) and finally for an interview this without any sleep all night. I had to be at the US embassy here in Manila (Roxas boulevard) at 0530 for an Interview at 0700.

As Sweden vs Paraguay game finished at 0445am their was no time for sleep. I was slightly hung over, standing in line for an hour and half in the humidity before I got in is no fun. However the fact that England had won there second straight game made it a little more bearable. Im guessing that around 300 others were also obtaining work visa's and out of those, 299 were Filipinos so I was kinda out of place to say the least. The Interviewer was kinda taken aback by my application. All that is required is passport pick up once my visa has been inserted into my passport so im free for the next 3 weeks to concentrate on everything related to the World cup on my new Dream satellite TV system. Installation was fairly quick from the time I called to the time it was up and running was only 4 days. For the Philippines that's swift. Their are 52 channels ranging from HBO,BBC to Discovery channel. But the pesta resistance is Solar sports channel plus. All world cup games are live. 9pm is always the first game here and the last starts here in the Philippines at 3am kinda late or early depending on how you look at it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous work visa philippines said...

It is true that at times, working to acquire a working visa in the Philippines can be quite complicated and time consuming. This problem can be eliminated through following the correct procedures and by the help of professionals for a faster and more secured visa.

2:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home